These super soft and wholesome chocolate brownies are a great way to get your vegetables in without even noticing that you are eating vegetables, isn’t that the best in life?
Zucchinis basically have zero flavour, they just soak up the taste of the ingredients you combine them with, which makes it a great baking source.
The brownies are vegan/paleo friendly and are perfect for an afternoon treat, whenever your sweet cravings kick in or for travelling. Check out my clean eating whilst travelling post out here).
Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Super healthy vegan/paleo friendly brownies for when your sweet tooth kicks in.
- 1 banana
- 1 zucchini shredded
- 1 egg
- 120 g almond butter
- 50 g agave nectar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 30 g dark lindt chocolate
- 20 g cocao powder unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees, and line your baking tin with parchment paper. Then cut off the ends of the zucchini and shred them with a grater or in a food processor with your grating disk. Squeeze out the excess water and put aside in a different bowl.
2. In the food processor add all your ingredients except your zucchini and your dark chocolate, blend until a thick creamy batter forms. Taste your batter at this point, if it’s not sweet enough you will need add more agave nectar. However, note when yon increase your liquid ingredients, you will need to balance your dry ingredients, otherwise you will end up with soggy brownies.
3. Empty the batter into your prepared baking tin and mix in the shredded zucchini. Take your dark chocolate and chop into little chunks using a knife. Add into your batter and stir through gently.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean you are good to go, if not bake for a little bit longer. Once, your toothpick is clear leave the brownies to cool down completely, cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
If you are storing the brownies, make sure to do so in an airtight container, they are good for 5 days!