Ah its the first of December! Time to put up our christmas tree, decorate the house and get our gift shopping on point. ‘Tis officialy the season that calls for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes. I made these healthy little cupcakes in the name of Christmas. They remind me so much of the love and warmth of this season. OMG I almost ate the whole thing raw cause the batter was out of this world bomb. Also, the smell whilst they were baking in my kitchen was so freaking yummy!!
These delicious little cupcakes are paleo and refined sugar free, so it doesn’t mess with your diet, YAY!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
Delicious grain-free and refined sugar free pumpkin spice cupcakes.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large banana
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
Coconut Butter Icing
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
1. Start by preheating the oven to 180C. Then in a food processor blend all ingredients for the cupcakes until the batter looks creamy smooth.
2. Place 12 silicone cupcake cases on a baking tray and fill the batter evenly into them with a spoon. I love using silicone cases for baking because I don’t have to use oil or worry about the batter getting stuck to metal and burning.
3.Put the cupcakes in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Whilst these little babies bake make sure to lick that leftover batter clinging to the sides of the mixer bowl, you wouldn’t want to waste any of it. After 25 minutes take the cupcakes out of the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Prepare the coconut butter icing, which you can make by simply heating a pan on medium heat, once hot add the coconut butter and the agave nectar.
5. Stir the mixture with a fork till you get a silky smooth consistency. Empty contents into a bowl and place into the fridge until a creamy texture forms which takes about 15 minutes.
6. Slather the icing on the cupcakes with a butter knife.
Enjoy with a nice cup of tea!