Aren’t we all lovers of great breakfasts?! This one is a weekend staple at my house. One of the dishes you would love to order at a restaurant for breakfast but you hold off cause the calories and sugar are OTT for one meal.
Here is a clean eating friendly version of the classic french toast that so many love. If you haven’t had your cheat meal def go for the restaurant version but for those of that devoured their weekly cheat meal, this is a healthy alternative.
This recipe can totally be part of a healthy diet and you really don’t have to worry about messing up all your hard work at the gym. It’s also very simple to make and just looks so damn pretty!
Yield 2 people
Healthy french toast with a hint of vanilla, topped with berries and a drizzle of almond butter and agave nectar.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Heat a pan on medium/high heat, once hot lightly coat the pan with coconut oil.
- Dip each slice of toast in the egg mixture and make sure its coated really well.
- Gently move the toast from the bowl to the pan, be careful because the bread is very soggy and we don’t want it to fall apart! Fry the bread on each side for about until its golden brown and crispy, keep flipping it so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the bread from the pan and place on a plate, spread the berries on top and drizzle with almond butter and agave nectar.