This sautéed mushroom kale recipe is bomb! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for sure. In the past, I used to skip breakfast a lot because I slept in or just felt like I could avoid it.
Today, it’s definitely my most favourite meal of the day, I actually look forward to wake up and have an amazing brekkie! Is that weird or do you also feel this way?
For me a great day starts with an awesome paleo breakfast. This dish is just great for that purpose. Delicious sautéed kale and mushroom with Serrano ham and poached eggs. It’s easy to make, super flavourful and just the best way to fire up your morning! I often have this without the Serrano ham which makes it a great vegetarian option.
Here goes the simple recipe!
Sauteed Mushroom Kale with Poached Eggs and Serrano Ham
Yield 2 people
A delicious paleo meal, a healthy alternative to the Full English Breakfast.
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 300 g mushrooms
- 100 g kale
- 4 slices serrano ham
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat up a pan and add coconut oil. Once the pan is hot add the mushrooms.
- Sautee the mushrooms, once soft and golden add the spices along with the kale. Mix will together on low heat. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Whilst the mushroom kale mix is cooking, boil water for the poached eggs in a pot. I use these silicone egg poacher moulds.
- Plate the mushroom kale mix and in the same pan quickly fry up the Serrano ham, this takes about 2 minutes.
- Remove the poached eggs from the water and the silicone moulds, and put them on the plate along with the Serrano ham.
Serve with a nice cup of tea or coffee!
omg this looks delicious really good one I have to try to do for my kids because I am the one looking for original brakfasts to do. And this looks excellent
Naturally Sweebs says
ah thank you! you must give this a go! It’s so easy to make! 🙂