How many people would say that one of their top must-have favourite food is PIZZA?! Def me!
When leading a clean eating lifestyle there isn’t really room to have this Italian comfort food on a regular basis. It’s way too much bread and way too much cheese. So I gave it up all together but I came up with a healthy version that satisfies me just as much if not more.
If I am super honest, I eat pizza for the amazing toppings, so I like very thin crust. This recipe works perfect for people that want to feel like they are eating the real deal and love a thin crust.
This “pizza” recipe uses a wholemeal tortilla wrap as the base. My favourite kind is tuna, see how I create it below!
Tuna Tortilla Pizza
Yield 1 person
A healthy and low carb tuna pizza made with a tortilla wrap base.
- 1 large wholemeal tortilla wrap
- 60 g tuna in spring water, drained
- 120 g chopped tomatoes
- 30 g mozzarella
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Prepare the pizza by taking the tortilla wrap and evenly distributing the chopped tomatoes then add the cheese followed by the tuna
3. Slice the onion super thinly and add onto the tuna
4. Sprinkle your spices, turn the oven to grill and place your pizza at the very top. The pizza should be in the oven for 3-5 minutes until the tortilla wrap gets crisp and dark on the edges.
Essentially, you can top with whatever you like. You just have to make sure that your toppings are not too heavy for your wrap, as it will seep through.
Enjoy guilt free and let me know in the comments below, which toppings you love!