This banana bread is a quick and easy recipe to make for when you have those overly ripe bananas lying around. Don’t throw them away! Bake this delicious paleo version of our beloved loaf.
In the past, I used to make banana bread with wholemeal flour, then I switched over to coconut flour, which I found really hard to bake with, for me it mostly always turned out soggier than intended or didn’t rise properly. I also think that coconut flour made the loaf slightly oily.
Since a couple of months I started baking with almond meal, and I can really say that this is the best non wheat flour to use. The loaf turned out thick and soft minus the oiliness! It’s definitely the way to go.
I also added some chopped up chocolate for that extra texture and slathered on almond butter after baking.
I absolutely LOVE how this turned out and it’s a great snack for throughout the day.
This recipe is totally paleo as its refined sugar-free and grain-free, which makes me really happy because I can enjoy it without breaking my healthy eating cycle. With christmas on the verge, that’s a good thing.
Paleo Banana Bread
Yield 16 slices
Healthy banana bread made with almond meal that is refined sugar-free and grain-free.
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees
- Whisk eggs in a food processor or by hand for 2 minutes, until the egg becomes pale yellow
- Add bananas, honey and lemon juice, mix until well combined
- Fold the dry ingredients in two parts into the food processor, and combine really well
- Line loaf tin with parchment paper, and pour in the mixture
- Chop up some dark chocolate and stir that through the batter, make sure to spread evenly
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through when a toothpick is inserted. Let the loaf cool down before icing with almond butter.
You can use whatever nut butter you prefer, I just love almond the most!