These Almond Chocolate Date Bars are simply the best raw cake kinda slice I have ever made. I have been experimenting and trying out new recipes and this is hands down the closest I have come to making a slice of cake without baking. But make at your own risk, they are absolutely addictive, my husband had the whole batch in one sitting, definitely not recommended LOL!
I firmly believe this recipe is a total must-try, it is so simple to make and you don’t need a lot of ingredient. It’s totally raw so these are made and stored quickly for your guilt-free cake-y sweet tooth moments. In terms of taste, have you guys ever had marzipan covered in chocolate? It is a major thing in Austria and Germany, it pretty much reminds me of that – this decadent soft marzipan covered in dark chocolate.
If you have been a fellow reader of my blog, you will totally know that with pretty much every recipe I make I try to add protein of some form. In this one I added natural flavourless pea protein, and it worked amazing cause I couldn’t taste it all (that’s a win, no?). Love when you get to have a sweet treat that incorporates protein, just so you can feed your sweet tooth and your muscles. Really a two birds, one stone kinda situation.
Lastly, I feel like a rambled on for ages (the story of my life), these Almond Chocolate Date Bars recipe totally fits into a paleo diet, as there are no refined sugars, grains or preservatives, it’s completely vegan too for my non animal product peeps. Check out the recipe and see how easy they are to make!
Healthy Chocolate Date Bars
Yield 10 bars
Healthy chocolate covered marzipan-like dessert.
- Bring a cup water to boil in a kettle, meanwhile pit the dates and place them in a bowl
- Pour the boiling water over the dates, and leave to soften for about 15 minutes
- Grind all your dry ingredients in a food processor except for the chocolate, once everything is blended well together
- Add the dates and peanut butter into the blender and blitz everything until well combined
- Split the “raw dough” into 10 equal parts and shape them into bars with your hands
- Bring a small pot of water to boil, let is simmer on medium heat. Place a bowl on top and melt the dark chocolate until smooth, then add the agave nectar and stir well
- Dip the bars into the chocolate until well covered and centre an almond on top of each bar
That is basically it, just easy peasy Almond Chocolate Date Bars!