Hello, I thought I would do a quick post on a question I get asked quite frequently. What is on my grocery list for a clean eating lifestyle? Every week I do my grocery shopping, mostly online. However, I have a base healthy grocery list I use to buy my staples. These are my essentials I build meals around, so majority of the time the products on this list is available in my house.
My healthy grocery list is split into 6 categories: proteins, vegetables, fruits, drinks, dairy, and pantry items. Before I buy anything I check what is in my house, but most of the time I will need to shop the below products, as these are my go-to in my household.
So, without further ado here goes my healthy grocery list:
- Proteins: Chicken, salmon, minced beef/turkey, eggs and liquid egg whites
- Vegetables: Cucumber, tomatoes, peppers, spinach, avocados and kale
- Fruits: Bananas, apples, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries, frozen pineapple, frozen mango chunks
- Drinks: Almond milk, coconut water semi-skimmed milk (for my husband), still water and coffee
- Dairy: Icelandic skyr and grated cheese
- Pantry: Cashews, almonds, nut butters, kidney/black beans, chickpeas, garlic, onions, wholegrain wraps, chopped tomatoes and tuna in spring water
The above list is totally engrained into my brain, it’s the foods that bring me comfort. If you are looking for a healthy grocery list to help you shop efficiently, this is a fantastic start.