This is my most favourite go-to recipe that I cook really often when I crave something warm and wholesome. I usually make a big batch and with the quantities below I get dinner and lunch for 2 days for my husband and me.
It is the perfect balance of protein, fats and carbs. I hope you enjoy trying this out!
Spicy Lean Chilli
Yield 4 people
Warm and hearty beef chilli. A healthy recipe that keeps you on top of your diet goals!
- 1 kg 5% mince beef
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 400 g organic chopped tomatoes
- 2 peppers red or orange
- 250 g red kidney beans
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 4 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tso pink Himalayan salt
1. Start by chopping the onions and garlic, place them in a medium heated pan with coconut oil. Cook for 5 minutes until the onions are golden brown. In the meantime, wash and drain the kidney beans, set aside.
2. Then add cumin, chilli powder (I like it a little spicy, go a little easier with the chilli if you don’t love the heat) and peppers to the onions, mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes until the peppers are bit soft, add the mince beef, and sizzle for 15 minutes on a medium to hot heat, make sure to keep stirring every couple of minutes.
3. Once the meat is browned add the chopped tomatoes and the red kidney beans, combine and let simmer for another 20 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add salt to your liking and serve over lettuce or wholegrain rice!