Avocado egg toast is one of the quickest meals you can prepare. It’s super simple, delicious and filling.
I love having smashed avocado, a warm boiled egg on crisp bread, it pretty much makes my day. As I work in finance and run on a tight schedule, it’s really important for me to have a nutritious breakfast pretty much on the go. I boil eggs the night before and keep them in the fridge. In the morning I just pack my boiled egg, half an avocado, and a slice of bread.
Once I get to work I will smash the avocado over the bread and place the egg slices on top. I enjoy it at my desk and I am pretty full up until midday, which is great as I snack less.
There are also major benefits to enjoying this as a meal in the morning. Avocados are full of healthy fats, fibre and contain about 20 different vitamins. The egg adds a good source of protein which help keep you fuller for longer, and on track to achieve your fitness goals.
Avocado Egg Toast
Yield 1 person
Healthy smashed avocado and egg on crispy warm bread.
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 boiled egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring water to boil in a pot, add the egg and cook for 7 minutes
- Remove pot from stove, and take the eggs out with a spoon and set a side to cool down
- Toast a piece of bread until crispy, smash half an avocado on top of bread with a fork
- Peel the egg and slice into circles, place them on top of the avocado
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper
Sometimes I will soft boil the egg, the yolk is a little runny and it’s this amazing gooey mess! However, when I prepare the eggs in advance for work it’s better to hard boil them.
Enjoy with a cup of green tea, and get those emails out the way!
I will make this on Sunday ?