Do you have a total sweet tooth? Then you have come to the right place. This chocolate hazelnut dates recipe is a perfect healthy treat.
I for one am a savoury person but once in a while I crave something sweet. Sometimes I am totally boring and have a couple of squares of dark chocolate or make a protein ball. However, this chocolate hazelnut dates recipe is better than any of my creations I have made to satisfy my sweet tooth.
I make a batch of these and store them in the freezer, whenever I feel like a treat, I get one of these babies out, defrost for a bit and enjoy thoroughly. It’s gooey because of the soft date centre, chocolate-y and simply delicious.
You can make them as simple as you want – just dates covered in chocolate. Or you add more variety by filling the dates with yummy ingredients. My favourite kind is filled with almond butter, then covered in dark chocolate and crusted in chopped up hazelnuts. You get little bit of a Ferrero Roche vibe! Check out how I make this chocolate covered, hazelnut crusted and almond butter filled dates recipes below:
Chocolate Hazelnut Dates
Yield 10 dates
Chocolate covered dates with crusted hazelnuts and an almond butter filling.
1. Pit your medjool dates – slit with a knife and remove the pit. With a spoon fill the dates with almond butter and seal the sides of the dates
2. Boil water in a pan, place a bowl above pan. Once the water is boiling bring the heat down to medium and melt your chocolate whilst stirring occasionally to make sure no clots form
3. Chop up hazelnuts and set aside in a plate
4. Place your dates in the melted chocolate bowl one by one and cover them in chocolate, immediately after roll them in the chopped up hazelnuts
5. Put you wonderful creations in a box, and freeze.
Make sure to defrost for about 10 minutes before eating cause it will be mondo hard on the inside!
You have to give these a go, I promise it will becomes one of your faves real quick.