How to stay on track with fitness on holiday?
Now that vacation season is coming up we often think how to keep on check with our fitness goals.
I for one know that holidays can be a bit daunting, we get worried that we are away from our usual foods, gym and routine. Call me pathetic but I always used to get super anxious over holidays because I was scared to ruin all my hard work. Some people take a full on break when on holiday from everything and they start where they left off when they get back. A little indulgence won’t kill ya! However, I do not function like that, I get excessively paranoid and like I always say fitness is my therapy.
So, how do I keep on track with fitness on holiday? This is my short list that I keep in mind every time I go on holiday, to ensure I continue to stay healthy and on track.
How to stay on track with fitness on holiday:
1. Focus my main meals around healthy protein, veggies and fruit.
2. Take some on the go healthy snacks and protein powder with me.
3. Research restaurants and check out their menu online to see their healthy options
4. Book a hotel with a gym, so you have access right in your hotel, no need to go anywhere extra to get a workout in.
5. Pack cute workout outfits that I am motivated to hit the gym and take photos for Instagram!
6. Get your SWEAT on. Holidays give you enough recovery time, so you can give it your all at the gym. Because you don’t have any school or work commitments, it also gives you the opportunity to try new things.
7. Get extra cardio in by exploring the country you are in by foot. I love doing LISS this way, i.e. walking all the way from Union Square to the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, stopping in places to see the main tourist attractions. This is cardio without you even noticing its cardio!
8. Remind yourself you are on holiday and a few treats here and there are okay!
That is about it! How do you keep on track? Let me know in the comments below.